I found a cute stamp set and matching die set on the Picket Fence Studio website. It stumped me when at first. I did not know how to incorporate the die and sentiment because they are both large and do not fit on a standard card front. So, I created this:
I created an ombre effect in green using Distress Oxide ink and a little mist of water. The image on the die cut was stamped in Candy Apple red Distress Oxide ink. I embossed with clear embossing powder. Pop dots were used to adhere to the card front. I heat embossed the sentiment in gold. To make sure the gold only embossed on the sentiment I ran some cornstarch over the sentiment spot before I embossed it. It was still looking a little on the boring side. I finished it off with a few Nuvo drops in gold.
Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the options in the craft industry. Options of the same type product are everywhere! Trying to figure out what is best or right for you can be a challenge. A product that has a lot of options and every company claims their’s is the best is ink! I must confess, I have fallen into the “I must have it all” marketing game. A few years ago I vowed to stop buying ink pads unless something really wonderful came along.
In 2018 at Creativation I met Catherine Pooler and was introduced to her ink. I am not going to lie — I rolled me eyes in my head and thought “here we go again!” After I politely tuned the demo out I walked away — happy to escape the pitch. Over that year I slowly started to see what people were creating with her ink and I was impressed.
In 2019 I went back to the booth (willingly) and filmed a demo. There was a table in her booth in which people could play with the ink — which I did. I was impressed and saw the value of it in the craft room. The next five months I spent trying to talk myself out of purchasing it. In the spring Catherine Pooler released mini pads. That was it — I was sold. I went out and bought the Life of the Party collection and have been hooked ever sense.
Using washi tape that I fuzzed on my shirt, I adhered the stencil to cardstock.
I selected three colors of ink and carefully shaded in the stencil. I would be trimming this down and did not care if I went over the edge of the stencil.
Once I removed the stencil I noticed the images did not pop as much as I wanted them too. I placed the stencil back on the cardstock and traced a fine line around each image. I then added threads to the top of each decoration.
To assemble the card, I layered the stenciled cardstock on a glittered black sheet and adhered it to the card base. For the sentiment, I placed it on a piece of tissue paper I had from packaging and placed it on top.
Though the card is relatively clean and simple it is striking! The important thing is it was fun to make and I am one step closer to completing my Christmas cards!